Minecraft is a fun and amazing game. However, it can get monotonous over time. Fresh Minecraft maps are an excellent resource to gamers. These maps give the game a new perspective on life. Most Minecraft gamers love that the maps are easily accessible online.
This tutorial will guide you through finding, downloading, and installing the best Minecraft maps.
What are Minecraft Maps
Minecraft maps and Minecraft worlds are similar; in-game users can create them as bespoke virtual settings. These levels include challenges, ranging from pixel-art statues to parkour, to building metropolises.
Moreover, players share their Minecraft maps with the community. You can explore the community members’s maps by importing.
How to Install Minecraft Java Maps PC/Mac
Installing a Minecraft map is relatively straightforward. This short guide is ideal for Windows users. However, it can also work for most other operating systems. The folder path is the only difference.
Most downloadable Minecraft maps will be in .zip or .mcworld formats. Extract this archive into your minecraft/saves folder; that way, Minecraft can recognize the map. You will need a file archiver tool to extract. 7-Zip (Windows only) is a handy resource. When you are ready to extract the map, find your minecraft/saves folder.
Follow the steps below to locate it:
- First, launch Minecraft using the Minecraft Launcher.
- Then, select “Launch Options” from the drop-down menu.
- At the top, next to the + sign, click “Add new.”
- Finally, click the green arrow next to the folder icon “Game directory.”
- You will find your saved files within the directory.
How to Install Minecraft PE Maps (Bedrock) Android
Minecraft Android gamers enjoy a breeze installation. The new MCWorld add-on eases Minecraft maps installation. Nonetheless, older Minecraft maps may be in .zip format. Therefore, you must unpack the ZIP files. Then, paste them into your Minecraft worlds folder.
Follow the steps below to unpack and paste:
- First, open the “Files by Google” app on your Android device.
- Then, navigate to the ZIP file that contains your Minecraft map. Right-click it.
- Next, select “Extract.” Now, you should have a folder with your Minecraft map.
- Then, copy the map file to your hard drive.
- Go to games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds and then to the root directory.
- Finally, paste your map to the map folder.
How to Install Minecraft PE Maps (Bedrock) iOS iPhone & iPad
A majority of PE maps use the .mcworld format. However, some still use the old ZIP file system.
An MCWorld file is suited specifically for Minecraft. Click the MCWorld file to install the bedrock map in your game. The installation should be instant, regardless of your operating system. However, the installation may not be as straightforward on Apple devices.
You will need to do the following:
- First, get your desired Minecraft PE map and extract the file.
- Then, get iExplorer and install it (the free demo version is good enough).
- Use a USB cord to connect your iOS device to your computer, and then launch iExplorer.
- Next, navigate to “Apps” and look for “Minecraft PE.”
- Navigate to the following in their order: Documents > games > com.mojang > minecraftWorlds
- Finally, copy the Minecraft PE map folder to the minecraftWorlds folder (you can drag and drop).
How to Install Minecraft Maps on Windows 10 Edition (Bedrock)
You can quickly install customized maps on Minecraft’s bedrock editions—use .mcworld archives. Double-click the MCWorld file to start Minecraft with your new map. You will have to extract older ZIP versions; thereafter, manually move the contents to the minecraftWorlds folder.
Follow the steps below:
- First, extract the ZIP file after download.
- Copy the contents of the folder.
- Next, open the File Explorer program.
- Copy and paste the address below into the Quick Access bar:
- Hit “Enter.”
- The Minecraft installation directory should open on this command.
- Navigate to the minecraftWorlds folder and open it.
- Finally, paste your map folder.
The gaming world is full of life. Minecraft’s gamers enjoy plenty of adventures. Moreover, the game’s maps offer fresh and exciting perspectives. If you love gaming, you should try out Minecraft Maps.